Every year I make a playlist for Summer and every Winter I delete it, as if listening to anything that might elicit any memory of a season gone-by is preposterous. The fact that my Christmas playlist remains in tact year round is neither here nor there.
I started building this year’s Summer playlist in March, the sun had started creeping its head around the corner and I needed something to help along my fantasies of long summer days aboard a yacht in the middle of the mediterranean. A girl can dream, right?
This year’s collection seems to have a DJesque, Ibizan feel to it which is unusual because it’s not usually my cup of tea. I’m traditionally, more of a Josha Radin mixed with Jason Mraz kinda gal and my experience with Ibiza last year was unlike anything most people would attest to (a less-than-exciting story for another time). You can find the playlist here. I’ll be adding more as the weeks float by but for now, my favourites are below;
- Faith – Galantis, Dolly Parton, Mr. Probz
- If We Never Met (Remix) – John K, Sigala
- Sexual Healing – Marvin Gaye, Kygo
- Roots – Valerie Broussard, Galantis
- Once In a While – Time Flies
- Dancing in the Moonlight – Toploader (Is your Summer playlist really a Summer playlist if it doesn’t have DitM on it?)
- Too Good at Goodbyes (Galantis Remix) – Sam Smith, Galantis
- Closer – The Chainsmokers, Halsey
- Better Day – Young Bombs, Aloe Blacc
What is on your Summer 2020 playlist? Care to share?