As soon as the sun is out and the temperature is about 21 degrees, I love to create fruity, fresh flavoured cocktails. I’m not a huge drinker these days, but I do have a penchant for a pretty drink and luckily my mother is a more than willing participant in my experiments!
This weekend I googled cocktails I could make with the spirits I had and came across the Bramble Cocktail from the Chambord website. In the instructions below i’ve kept pretty close to the original recipe in terms of measurements, however my method was a little closer to ‘shove two shots of each spirit into the shaker and then add some more if necessary’.
Bramble Cocktail recipe
- Cocktail shaker
- Short cocktail glasses
- 25 ml Chambord or Raspberry Liqueur
- 25 ml London Dry Gin
- Lemonade to top up
- 1/2 Lemon optional
- Add ice to the glasses to keep cool
- Pour Chambord and gin into cocktail shaker
- Squeeze half a lemon into the cocktail shaker then place lid and shake vigorously
- Pour mixture into glass, top with lemonade and add fresh strawberries and raspberries for garnish