Fan of an Aperol Spritz are you? Enjoy spending your Lockdown sloshing around your garden like Patsy Stone but with less beehive-hairdo and more rolled-out-of-bed-hair-bun chic? Yeah me too.
I admit, I enjoy making cocktails and looking at them more than I do drinking them. These days it only takes one and i’m asleep on the sofa, snoring, but my Mother loves a good cocktail and that always gives me an opportunity to tinker and on one sunny Sunday afternoon I wanted to make something she hadn’t tried before.
I found inspiration from Pinterest (obviously), I was going for either a gin or Aperol based drink as those are her majesty’s faves and you can find the original source to my recipe here, which differs ever so slightly from what you will find below.
This recipe serves two Martini glasses so I would double or halve as appropriate.
- Martini glasses
- Cocktail shaker
- 1 shot Aperol
- 1 shot Campari
- 1 shot Tequila
- An Orange (or Orange Juice)
- Sugar syrup Optional
- Lemonade Optional
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice
- Add the Aperol, Campari and Tequila into the shaker
- Squeeze one orange into the shaker or a splash or two of orange juice
- Place lid on the Cocktail shaker and shake for approx 30 seconds
- If the mixture is too bitter add some sugar syrup and give it another shake
- pour mixture half way into each glass
- Top up with Prosecco
- Add a splash of lemonade as an optional sweetner